I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Civil War Battlefield Land Acquisition Grants

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

US Federal Government Agency (see all agencies)
Department of the Interior , National Park Service
CFDA #: 15.928

Who is eligible to apply...

Eligible applicants are State and local governments. Private nonprofit organizations seeking to acquire battlefield land with assistance from this program must apply in partnership with the State or local government agency that has jurisdiction over the proposed acquisition parcel. The government agency may then subgrant the Federal funds to the nonprofit organization. In any case where a local government or a private non-profit organization acquires land or an interest in land with assistance from this program, it must convey an acceptable perpetual protective easement on the land to the State Historic Preservation Office or other governmental agency acceptable to the National Park Service.

Eligible Applicant Categories:
Eligible Functional Categories:

Prior to the expenditure of grant funds for the purchase of real property, a current appraisal must be obtained. Appraisal preparation, documentation and reporting must be made in conformance with the standards and practices of the Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions (UASFLA), as codified in 49 CFR 24.103, and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP Standards 1 and 2) published by the Interagency Land Acquisition Conference.

Note:This is a brief description of the credentials or documentation required prior to, or along with, an application for assistance.

About this section:

This section indicates who can apply to the Federal government for assistance and the criteria the potential applicant must satisfy. For example, individuals may be eligible for research grants, and the criteria to be satisfied may be that they have a professional or scientific degree, 3 years of research experience, and be a citizen of the United States. Universities, medical schools, hospitals, or State and local governments may also be eligible. Where State governments are eligible, the type of State agency will be indicated (State welfare agency or State agency on aging) and the criteria that they must satisfy.

Certain federal programs (e.g., the Pell Grant program which provides grants to students) involve intermediate levels of application processing, i.e., applications are transmitted through colleges or universities that are neither the direct applicant nor the ultimate beneficiary. For these programs, the criteria that the intermediaries must satisfy are also indicated, along with intermediaries who are not eligible.